10/15/10

saving $$$ on jeans

If you are anything like me, September/October rolls around and I feel the need for some new crisp jeans! Maybe it is the whole beginning-of-the-school-year thing. So if you are heading out to buy some jeans, keep these tips in mind-

  • Look for fabrics that are blends – pairs of jeans will last longer when there is spandex in them (like 2%). The spandex will help your jeans keep shape and not give you a saggy bottom after a few wears :)
  • Choose a dark wash – this will help when you wash it over and over again to keep up color and look less worn (unless, you are in the grunge look)
  • Buy online - If you know what you wear, try online because you can always find coupons on websites like retailmenot.com. However, this won’t work if you are changing body shapes! After I had my daughter I tried on hundreds of pairs of jeans over a year period as I lost the 50lbs I gained with her. I didn’t want to buy expensive jeans every couple of months, so I shopped TJ MAXX and Ross for jeans. I have jeans in every size!!!
  • Stock up now – Fall is the best time to buy jeans because it is the stock-up for the season. You can shop shefinds.com and thebudgetfashionista.com for sales

No comments:

Post a Comment