naked no more!

I made some wonderful progress today with my bedroom. Here is a before picture of it that I will constantly refer to in my bedroom remake endeavors. I don’t know how this room could get any worse! Well, take away my mattress pad heater and I will be in despair (and a really bad mood).


It was so depressing, I hardly ever made the bed. For months I have been craving a complete bedding set and it had to be something that sang. You know how that goes. Anyway, I looked for months and never found anything until last weekend, by chance. After about 14 hours of sewing I have the duvet cover, 2 euro shams, and 2 standard shams done. I still have some decorative pillow to do. Then I will be on to that pathetic dresser in the corner and the blank wall above the bed which will give me my own heaven.


Here is the painting that is inspiring my color pallet. I think that I want to try throwing some light blue in for an accent color. What do you think? I am just so excited to finally be able to sleep!


Here are some tips that I did with this bedding set…

Our comforter fill always falls to the outside of out bed. Then it goes from warm to freezing cold in about a week. I will pull out the comforter and shake all the fill back into the middle, but it was always temporary. So this time, I shook everything into the middle and then sewed a big square about a foot from the outside on the duvet. No more sneaking away feathers!!!


The other trick that my mom taught me has really helped! You sew ribbon on all four corners of your duvet and the inside corners of the covers. Then when you put the duvet in the cover, tie the ribbons together from one corner to the matching corner in the cover. Then the comforter won’t slip around. Brilliant!!!


1 comment:

  1. Great Job! The colors match your painting perfectly. I can't wait to see what you do next.